[News] Linux as a Question of Merits, Not Bogus Statistics

Let's stop playing the numbers game: free software has changed the game.

,----[ Quote ]
| The problem with my argument above is that the other lot keep comparing in
| the terms of their numbers game and those are terms the end-users is familiar
| with. So how do we combat that? For a start we can argue on our terms, within
| the new game. We can also demonstrate the effectiveness, not the popularity
| of our products. Finally we can do all we can to highlight the fact that the
| game has changed and that the numbers game is going to be one that smart
| people no longer play.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columnts/lets_stop_playing_numbers_game_free_software_has_changed_game
http://tinyurl.com/6ds8k9

Yesterday:

VMware, Microsoft or Citrix -- who's winning the app virtualization war?

,----[ Quote ]
| "Saying you've sold 6.5 million MDOP licenses is like claiming 40% of
| consumers are using Vista today," he said.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9095438&source=rss_news50

Recent:

Windows Vista: Sold but not deployed