[News] Introduction to GNU/Linux Distros; Linux Learning Curve Revisited

Making the right Linux choice

,----[ Quote ]
| With Microsoft's Vista earning a mixed response, a growing number of computer
| users are considering switching to the open source Linux operating system.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Software/4293.html

The Difficulty Divide Redux: Linux vs. Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista introduces an interesting new variable to this model. By making so many
| seemingly arbitrary and misguided UI changes, breaking compatibility with
| many tools, and delivering such poor performance on all but the most high-end
| hardware, Microsoft has made the perceived cost of Vista much higher than
| that of XP.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2008/06/27/the-difficulty-divide-redux/

Yesterday:

When it comes to Linux, Read the Manual

,----[ Quote ]
| So Windows XP is riding off into the sunset (well, it will be a long ride
| since Microsoft will offer support through 2014.) But now there's a debate
| running throughout the Web and in the market now as to whether the Vista
| hatred that continues to build will lead to quicker adoption of Linux.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/208801263

What is the best way to learn Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| I think that the point raised is valid. Because as users we mainly want
| something that works. We want something quick. What we need to learn that
| from the questions that we ask today are things that we need to build upon.
| If we think that we only ask other people to fix our problems, then we won’t
| grow in knowledge. And that seems futile doesn’t it?
|
| Not everyone has the patience to learn through reading man pages. But we need
| to do that. There are other learning materials now.
`----

http://www.newlinuxuser.com/what-is-the-best-way-to-learn-linux/

The Best Way To Learn Linux

,----[ Quote ]