[News] Short Review of SliTaz 1.0 (25 MB GNU/Linux Distro)

A second look at Slitaz 1.0: turns out it has a lot of potential

,----[ Quote ]
| But in its "raw" configuration, Slitaz is a 25 MB ISO — smaller than Puppy
| Linux and Damn Small Linux, and with fewer apps as well.
|
| [...]
|
| I'll be watching Slitaz very closely, and I expect big things for it in the
| future, should development continue — and I really do hope it does.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2008/06/a-second-look-at-slitaz-10.html

Recent:

SliTaz: A light-weight GNU/Linux distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, if you are in need of a distribution that does not require a
| lot of resources, SliTaz is definitely worth checking out. It is in active
| development and worth watching to see what the future has in store for it.
`----

http://www.linuxinfusion.com/slitaz-a-light-weight-gnulinux-distribution

SliTaz -- 25 MB Live Distro.

,----[ Quote ]
| I find SliTaz very fast for web browsing.
`----

http://kagashe.blogspot.com/2008/06/slitaz-25-mb-live-distro.html

Introducing SliTaz Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The Live CD starts with a boot prompt in French, with a little information
| about the default username and the password. From there, the CD will
| automatically boot in 3 seconds if you don't press the Enter key and in about
| 1-2 minutes you will be asked to choose your desired language, keyboard
| layout and screen resolution. Immediately after you have chosen the desired
| resolution, a nice login screen will appear. Login with username hacker and
| password root. You will enter in the lightweight JWM (Joe's Window Manager)
| window manager.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Introducing-SliTaz-Linux-82769.shtml

Damn Minuscule Linux: A First Look At SliTaz 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| But if you’ve an old laptop gathering dust under your desk, and you’re
| looking for an interesting, fun project SliTaz is a great choice.
| There’s a solid base to it, with well-chosen default software and a
| reasonable downloadable selection to complement it, all wrapped up in a
| mini-marvel of a distro.
| Give SliTaz a try – you won’t be disappointed, and its cleverness will make
| you smile. And that’s a promise!
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/04/damn-minuscule-linux-first-look-at.html

SliTaz 1.0 on 450Mhz K6-2, 256Mb

,----[ Quote ]
| This is easily my favorite live CD now. I admire DSL for being versatile and
| fast, and I do like the way Puppy Linux has evolved. But it’s hard to beat a
| pretty, usable, complete system that ducks under the 25Mb mark, and does it
| so well. Fatter distributions (and I’m thinking of Xubuntu, et al., here)
| would do well to notice how much can be done with so little.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2008/04/02/slitaz-10-on-450mhz-k6-2-256mb/

First look at SliTaz GNU/Linux 1.0, the smallest desktop distro on earth

,----[ Quote ]
| I haven't been this impressed with a new Linux distribution for a long time.
| A compact package with basic applications, a web server and web development
| tools, an excellent package manager, remastering utilities and good
| auto-configuration scripts - all in a 25 MB download. What more can one need?
| While SliTaz GNU/Linux is unlikely to satisfy every user's needs, the project
| is a great testament to the old saying that good things come in a small
| package. It is also a tribute to the infinite versatility of Linux and free
| software. Give SliTaz a try, you will like it!
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20080331#feature

A quick look over SliTaz 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| The bottom line? I liked SliTaz for its extremely low system requirements,
| and I particularly liked the package manager.
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2008/03/31/07/04/42-a-quick-look-over-slitaz-1-0

SliTaz GNU/Linux, the Smallest “Desktop” Distro Ever Created

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/03/slitaz-gnulinux-smallest-desktop-distro.html