Re: [News] Microsoft Pushes Customers to GNU/Linux with XP Withdrawal

On 2008-06-26, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> Dear Microsoft, thanks for the help, Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| You gotta love it. Microsoft has decided that it will ho ahead and kill off
>| easy access to XP on June 30th. On behalf of desktop Linux users everywhere,
>| and our first cousins, the Mac fans, thanks. You've given us the best shot
>| we'll ever have of taking the desktop.
>|
>| But it gets even better! Microsoft has also announced that it will be
>| releasing Windows 7 on January 2010. They'll blow that ship date. Microsoft
>| has never set a shipping date it could meet. But, who in their right mind
>| would now buy Vista?
> `----
>
> http://blogs.computerworld.com/dear_microsoft_thanks_for_the_help_linux

The clown's a little behind. MS blinked the day before the date on that
blog:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20080624/tc_nf/60443;_ylt=Av8tv7UmSfjMbBXmQHfOhisDW7oF

   "It's true that we will stop selling Windows XP as a retail packaged
   product and stop licensing it directly to major PC manufacturers,"
   Veghte's letter says. "But customers who still need Windows XP will
   be able to get it."

At /least/ until 2010 (or 11, or 12, or whenever they finally stop
slipping the next crapware release).

--
Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question.
The answer is NO!