[News] Microsoft Invades the FOSS Conference, Tries to Hijack Developers

Microsoft to developers: ‘Open source is a choice’

,----[ Quote ]
| At the Cebu open source summit, Microsoft was telling developers it is ready
| to help them go "primetime."
|
| Microsoft's presence in the summit drew quite an impact, if not harmless
| ribbing. In a presentation by noted IT entrepreneur Winston Damarillo,
| mentioning indicators that open source is ready for primetime deployment, one
| answer reads: "The number of times in a month Microsoft says: ‘We support
| open source.’"
`----

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/infotech/view/20080624-144528/Microsoft-to-developers-Open-source-is-a-choice

That's the same Microsoft that worked hard corrupting whoever necessary to
intercept an open source bill in this country.

Related:

Microsoft getting open source religion in the Philippines?

,----[ Quote ]
| If I moved there, though, would I have to drink Microsoft's Kool-Aid like the
| Microsoft Philippines country manager has?
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9844616-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

FOSS Bill Listed For First Public Hearing

,----[ Quote ]
| Listed for November 15th, the hearing by The Committee on Information and
| Communications Technology has invited comment from various stakeholders
| potentially affected by the bill, including community representatives as
| well as industry giants Microsoft and Oracle.

http://www.localfoss.org/Philippino_FOSS_Bill_Public_Hearing

The Open Source Bill

,----[ Quote ]
`----