[News] Interviews with Zenwalk’s Founder and with Ubuntu Utah Founder

Interview with Jean-Philippe Guillemin, Zenwalk’s creator

,----[ Quote ]
| Zenwalk is one of the most promising Linux distribution. Based on Slackware,
| the distro is lightweight, simple and stable.
|
| We decided to make some questions to Jean-Philippe Guillemin, Zenwalk’s
| creator, regarding future plans and developments about this “GNU-Linux
| Operating System”.
`----

http://www.oneopensource.it/25/06/2008/interview-with-jean-philippe-guillemin-zenwalk-creator/

Interview with Christer Edwards, Ubuntu Utah Founder

,----[ Quote ]
| Say hello to Ubuntu Utah Founder Christer Edwards. Being one of the major
| open source contributors recognized around the community, I was curious to
| know more about Christer.
`----

http://www.suseblog.com/?p=356

Recent:

Getting To Grips With Netpkg In Zenwalk 5.2

,----[ Quote ]
| I'M GOING to break with tradition a bit for this article, so please don't
| expect a typical new Linux distribution review.
| Let's call it a leap of faith.
| By that, I mean you can take it from me that all the usual review issues -
| the installer, the artwork, the applications, the hardware detection, yada,
| yada, yada – are all fine and dandy in Zenwalk 5.2.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/06/getting-to-grips-with-netpkg-in-zenwalk.html

Releases : Zenwalk 5.2 is ready !

,----[ Quote ]
| The long awaited Zenwalk 5.2 is now available.
|
| In the 4 months since the last release many enhancements have been made. The
| Zenwalk GNU/Linux OS brings to its users both the latest stable software, a
| well polished Desktop and an ever-increasing software repository.
`----

http://www.zenwalk.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=79

Zenwalk Continues To Impress With 5.2 Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| While our friends at DistroWatch only rate Zenwalk as the 19th most popular
| Linux distribution, we have been very impressed by their recent releases and
| have felt that it is a distribution worth trying as it is an unsung hero.
| With the Zenwalk 5.2 Beta having been released yesterday, we immediately took
| this new release for a quick test-drive.
|
| [...]
|
| We have just been using Zenwalk 5.2 beta for a few hours now, but it
| continues to live on as a distribution we would certainly recommend at least
| trying out. Zenwalk is quite polished and has a nice theme/artwork and is
| full-featured for being on an Xfce desktop and the ISO coming in at just over
| 500MB. More information on this Linux distribution can be found at
| Zenwalk.org.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=zenwalk_52beta&num=1

Zenwalk Linux 5.2 Beta Available Now - Ever tried zen computing?

,----[ Quote ]
| After 4 months of hard work, Zenwalk team is proud to announce the immediate
| availability of Zenwalk Linux 5.2 Beta: "The long awaited Zenwalk 5.2 is out
| in Beta. It's been
| 4 months since the last release, and it is time to brush off the packages" -
| says the Zenwalk team in the release announcement. If you're wondering what's
| new in this version, let us tell you that it's packed with a revamped package
| manager, netpkg "new generation" v4, which has been fully rewritten in
| Perl-GTK, the unbeatable media player for Linux, MPlayer, has support for DVD
| menus, and the resume/suspend operations were greatly improved.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Zenwalk-Linux-5-2-Beta-Available-Now-86304.shtml

Review: Zenwalk Linux 5.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, I'd say that Zenwalk 5 is a good distribution, and it does meet its
| goals of speed, quality appearance and multimedia support.  Where it fails
| though I think is in offering itself as a good distribution to the new user.
| I could be entirely wrong and new users might take to Zenwalk 5 like a duck
| to water.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=398

Zenwalk Live 5.0

,----[ Quote ]
| If you're still on the quest of finding the best desktop Linux distribution
| for your needs, one worthy contender that often goes overlooked is Zenwalk.
| Zenwalk is a Slackware-based distribution that uses the Xfce desktop
| environment and is light-weight but comes with a variety of useful desktop
| applications. Zenwalk Live 5.0 was released this past week and it features
| LiveCD install support and capabilities for easily remastering your own
| Zenwalk LiveCD media. In addition, Zenwalk 5.0 has a few extra enhancements
| in the area of natural language support, multi-media, and WiFi drivers (both
| native and through ndiswrapper).
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=zenwalk_5&num=1

A Walk in the Park with Zenwalk 5.0

,----[ Quote ]
| From version 3.0 up to now, Zenwalk didn’t fail to impress me. In fact, I
| think it keeps on getting better and better after every release. The speed,
| ease-of-use, and stability were much improved in this latest release. The
| light footprint and the featherweight desktop still make Zenwalk ideal for
| low-end computer hardware. I will definitely install it if I have a Pentium
| III class machine with less than 256 MB of RAM.
|
| Using Zenwalk may not be a walk in the park if used by Linux beginners, but
| it’s almost there. Minus the installation, particularly the partitioning
| portion, I would say without doubt that it can easily become a
| newbie-friendly distro. A little bit of patience and some Linux love are all
| you need to fully appreciate a wonderful distro like Zenwalk.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/02/walk-in-park-with-zenwalk-50.html

Zenwalk 5.0 Review

,----[ Quote ]