[News] [SOT] The War on Shampoo, Toothpaste, and Camera Enthusiats

Pools in security lather over shampoo

,----[ Quote ]
| "Pool guests who bring these items must allow them to be opened and
| inspected. Security personnel will smell them to see whether they are safe or
| not," a separate report posted on the city's sport bureau's website said
| (www.shsports.gov.cn).
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSPEK18633820080620

City votes to ban gun clubs from public property

,----[ Qyote ]
| "In a day when you can't bring a large tube of toothpaste on a plane how can
| you allow guns to wander through Union Station, the biggest transit hub in
| Canada?" he asked his colleagues on city council.
`----

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20080623/gun_violence_080623/20080623/?hub=TorontoNewHome
http://tinyurl.com/6dqbco

Bus-Spotter Labelled A Paedophile

,----[ Quote ]
| A bus-spotter says it is no longer safe to practise his hobby of 40 years
| after being branded a terrorist and a paedophile.
|
| Rob McCaffery, 50, is proud of his 30,000 photos of trams and coaches but
| after being interrogated twice in 12 months he fears the time may have come
| to hang up his camera.
|
| The credit controller, from Gloucester, says he now suffers "appalling" abuse
| from the authorities and public who doubt his motives.
|
| The bus-spotter, officially known as an omnibologist, said: "Since the 9/11
| attacks there has been a crackdown.,,"
`----

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080624/tuk-bus-spotter-labelled-a-paedophile-45dbed5.html

Recent:

MPAA: We Don't Need No Stinking Evidence!

,----[ Quote ]
| You get some positive news, such as the Amicus brief filed by the EFF and
| others in the Jammie Thomas case, which could net her a new trial.
|
| But also on Friday, the MPAA filed its own brief, one which basically says it
| feels evidence isn't necessary in the case of one of its copyright
| infringement trials.
`----

http://technologyexpert.blogspot.com/2008/06/mpaa-we-dont-need-no-stinking-evidence.html

Microsoft could force your mobile into silence

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/microsoft-could-force-your-mobile-into-silence-393006