[News] Fedora Leader's Reports from FUDCon

FUDCon report from the Fedora Project Leader

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s been an exhausting but incredibly fulfilling couple of days thus far–and
| the BarCamp day on Saturday is sure to be just as solid. Just another few
| days in the whirlwind of community-powered goodness that we call the Fedora
| Project.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/06/23/fudcon-report-from-the-fedora-project-leader/

NASA runs Fedora.

Recent:

Exclusive Fedora Interview - With project leader, Paul W. Frields

,----[ Quote ]
| This year on May 13th, Fedora 9 was released into the wild. Dubbed Sulphur,
| it introduced for the first time in the history of Fedora, support for
| encrypted filesystem (implemented in the graphical installer), PackageKit as
| the default graphical package manager, ext4 filesystem support and
| PreUpgrade, a tool that offers you the possibility to upgrade an existing
| Fedora 7 or 8 distribution. Being classified as a "bleeding edge" distro, and
| that's ONLY because the developers wanted to inject the brand new edition of
| the Xserver software (version 1.5), which is not compatible yet with the
| major proprietary video drivers, Fedora 9 brings you Linux kernel 2.26.25.3,
| KDE 4.0.3, GNOME 2.22.1, NetworkManager 0.7 with improved support for mobile
| broadband, multiple devices and wireless networking, Cheese (the popular
| webcam capture tool), Firefox 3 Beta 5 and a lot more other new applications!
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Exclusive-Fedora-Interview-86401.shtml

Open Source Curriculum Expanded at Seneca

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source
| solutions, today announced that Seneca College will expand the use of open
| source software in its curriculum through the Fedora Project, a Red Hat
| sponsored and community-supported open source collaboration.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080521005378&newsLang=en
http://tinyurl.com/697tne

A New Goal for Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| With the commitment of the AllemaniACs and others from the Fedora community
| the Fedora Robotics SIG was recently founded. It aims to make Fedora fit to
| run on a variety of robots that run (possibly constrained) compatible
| machines and to use Fedora as a development platform for robots. As always in
| Fedora, this is a community effort and all help is greatly appreciated and
| welcomed.
`----

http://www.press.redhat.com/2008/05/20/a-new-goal-for-open-source/

Related:

Fedora on the Final Frontier

,----[ Quote ]
| There has been a long standing rumor regarding NASA running Fedora which all
| of us in the Fedora community have been always intrigued by. Is it true? What
| are they doing with it there? Why don't they run RHEL. Fortunately enough, a
| couple of weeks ago, I got to experience NASA behind the scenes, first hand,
| and hang out with the coolest members of the Fedora community, and find out
| the answer to these questions and lots more.
`----

http://jaboutboul.blogspot.com/2008/02/fedora-on-final-frontier.html

23,000 Linux PCs forge education revolution in Philippines

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1163450117