[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux 8.04.1 Coming Shortly

Ubuntu team readies for 8.04.1

,----[ Quote ]
| With Ubuntu 8.04.1 scheduled to be released on July 3 the Ubuntu development
| team is putting the final touches to the popular Linux distribution.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2513

Recent:

French police deal blow to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The French paramilitary police force said Wednesday it is ditching Microsoft
| for the free Linux operating system, becoming one of the biggest
| administrations in the world to make the break.
`----

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iU4Lq7tOR_WVOJLZ3IeRaIH03x6w

Moving to Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| My overall experience in these past days using Ubuntu has been really
| incredible and I would suggest each and every Windows user to atleast try
| Ubuntu using Wubi (if you haven’t already), it really doesn’t get any simpler
| than this and it will make your life really easy if you have difficulties,
| like I did, for separating partitions. In my opinion everyone should
| experience using Ubuntu at least once and see how they can very easily move
| to using Ubuntu while still being as productive (perhaps even more) as you
| were while you were on Windows! The Ubuntu community is also simply superb
| you will find great support there for all your problems (if you have any) and
| also find all the softwares you could need to do anything you would want to.
`----

http://www.dhruvasagar.com/blog/index.php/2008/05/06/moving-to-ubuntu/

Easiest Install EVER - Linux Ubuntu Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.vitaminzproductions.com/technology-blog/index.php/2008/05/06/easiest-install-ever-linux-ubuntu-desktop/