Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Applications in an Ugly State

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Monday 23 June 2008 21:43 : \____

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Clogwog
> <BWAHAHAHAAA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:28:08 +0200
> <g3otgh$cnt$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> "The Ghost In The Machine" <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in
>> bericht news:tfhti5-oo9.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Clogwog
>>> <BWAHAHAHAAA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> wrote
>>> on Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:48:49 +0200

>>> A disaster waiting to happen if someone gets cute.

>>> I'd just as soon not. :-P
>>
>> Mmmm, I thought so and still you have an opinion about Vista,
>> based on gossip and retard opinions in COLA.
>
> Plus K-man's website (which has since vanished) and
> various blogs.

[H]omer got it:

___
[quote]
[Photo of Windows Vista]

These pages are best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

Windows Vista - A dog's breakfast

Opinion. It sucks. It's a complete mess; a dog's breakfast. It's
bug-riddled; it contains legacy features that hark back to Windows 3.1,
and, worst of all, it can't be trusted with your valuable data. The user
interface only looks slick; underneath it's a slapped-together
hotchpotch of brain-dead, dysfunctional and downright buggy features.
Windows Vista was surely designed and built by the same well-meaning but
thoroughly misguided committee of morons who were responsible for the
three-legged Bactrian camel named Humphrey.

[photo of Humphrey the three-legged Bactrian camel]
[/quote]

http://web.archive.org/web/20070122221400/http://kadaitcha.cx/vista/index.html
___

http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_Vista_Software_Compatibility_List

"Linux is a very complete and sophisticated operating system. And there is a
lot of work being done to improve it in and of itself, particularly to make it
easier to use and easier for people to set up on their personal computers."
                --Paul Maritz, Microsoft