[News] DRM-free Copy 'Protection' for Proprietary Linux Games

LGP Introduces Linux Game Copy Protection

,----[ Quote ]
| For seven years Linux Game Publishing has been selling their Linux-ported
| games with no form of copy protection on their CD/DVDs, but beginning with
| their forthcoming port of Sacred: Gold that will be changed. Linux Game
| Publishing has developed their own Internet-based game copy protection system
| for Linux, and in this article we have more details on this scheme as well as
| their motives behind this work.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=lgp_copy_protection&num=1

Yesterday:

2K drops DRM on Bioshock

,----[ Quote ]
| ANOTHER NAIL HITS THE DRM coffin today, as 2K Games announces that it's
| droping the DRM from its PC best-seller, Bioshock.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/06/23/2k-drops-drm-bioshock

Days ago:

EA to PC Gamers: “Install 3 times? Buy another copy”

| This can be triggered via using up your 3 activations and each time you
| change a piece of hardware, reformat your computer or install/upgrade a new
| operating system, it takes up one of the activations.
`----

http://www.simprograms.com/?p=692

Mass Effect DRM goes too far

,----[ Quote ]