[News] Reasons for Using Gentoo GNU/Linux

Why I Use Gentoo?

,----[ Quote ]
| So, I have been asked this question many times. And of course the assumption
| is that I am some sort of a masochist who enjoys wasting time on compiling
| packages. However, that is not entirely true. There are some other reasons
| why, after trying Ubuntu (started linux with it), Gentoo and then Arch I
| settled on Gentoo.
`----

http://rahulthewall.wordpress.com/2008/06/22/why-i-use-gentoo/

Recent:

A new all-in-one server

,----[ Quote ]
| Security issues make me wary of small businesses supporting their own e-mail
| and Web servers, especially when Microsoft servers are used since they
| attract so many attacks. Sutus avoids these issues by using a hardened
| version of Gentoo Linux with all non-essential services stripped out.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/05/29/A-new-all-in-one-server_1.html

PC factory test tool runs Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The appliance is based on an unspecified hardware platform from MBX running
| Gentoo Linux, the Apache web server, PHP scripting, and the open source
| Firebird SQL database.

Tiny PCs use pico-ITX main board

,----[ Quote ]
| The systems will be available with STTech's own "customized, optimized
| version of Gentoo Linux," according to spokesman Ben Sharp. Sharp added,
`----

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS6395777363.html

Email marketer harnesses the power of Gentoo

,----[ Quote ]
| They tried a few different flavors of Linux before settling on Gentoo.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/118799

Review: Zonbu, the $99 [Gentoo] Linux Computer

`----

http://www.cio.com/article/120653