[News] Short Review of Mandriva Linux on USB

Mandriva's Linux on a stick will wow all the ladies this Summer

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva also includes its Control Center app which makes fiddling with
| settings and administering you machine much easier than the default KDE
| panels. Another nice touch is that the default Firefox page leads to a
| collection of resources and links for optimizing Mandriva.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/20/mandriva_spring_flash/

Recent:

2009.0 Development

,----[ Quote ]
| This page contains the development plans and release schedule for the next
| release of Mandriva Linux, Mandriva Linux 2009.
`----

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2009.0_Development

Mandriva Linux 2009 plans announced

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva Linux 2009 comes a step closer to reality today with the unveiling
| of the release schedule and the technical specifications. All this
| information can be found on the Mandriva Linux 2009 Development page on the
| Mandriva Wiki. The schedule includes two alphas, two betas, and two release
| candidates, prior to the final release in early October 2008. The first alpha
| release is scheduled for June 25th - just a week away.
`----

http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/2009Planning?language=en

Related:

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

[Mandriva CEO:] An open letter to Steve Ballmer

,----[ Quote ]
| Wow! I’m impressed, Steve! What have you done for these guys to change their
| mind like this? It’s pretty clear to me, and it will be clear to everyone.
| How do you call what you just did Steve, in the place where you live? In my
| place, they give it various names, I’m sure you know them.
|
| Hey Steve, how do you feel looking at yourself in the mirror in the morning?
|
| Of course, I will keep fighting this one and the next one, and the next one.
| You have the money, the power, and maybe we have a different sense of ethics
| you and I, but I believe that hard work, good technology and ethics can win
| too.
`----

http://blog.mandriva.com/2007/10/31/an-open-letter-to-steve-ballmer/

Lessons from Africa: How to Kill Your Own FUD

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2007-11-09-030-26-OP-MD-MS