Re: Early Reviews and Raves About Firefox 3

On 2008-06-20, The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Homer
><usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:03:00 +0100
><kv7ti5-ubi.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> ____/ bluefin on Wednesday 18 June 2008 19:23 : \____

>> 7.9MB is "huge" now?
>>
>> When did that happen?
>>
>> time wget
>> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.0/linux-i686/en-GB/firefox-3.0.tar.bz2
>>
>> real    0m11.810s
>
> My readings indicate:
>
> 11530763 mozilla-firefox-3.0.tar.bz2
> 10042    mozilla-firefox-3.0-patches-0.1.tar.bz2
>
> Admittedly, this is source code, since I'm using Gentoo.

Have you emerged it?

I'm going to wait until the devs unmask it for x86 stable.

I don't get excited about new software, unless there's a feature in it I
really need. I don't see that with firefox, though I hope it is faster
and become much more stable. The flash crashing problem seems to have
been resolved.

--
Regards,

Gregory.