[News] The Latest and Greatest KDE and Compiz-Fusion Eye Candy

  • Subject: [News] The Latest and Greatest KDE and Compiz-Fusion Eye Candy
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:14:44 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
KDE Commit Digest - Issue 100 - 2nd March 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Work on WebKit integration, the ability to access Plasma data engines in
| Plasmoids rendered through WebKit, and a HDDtemp daemon data engine are added
| to Plasma, plus work on Plasmoid packaging and KRunner. Items can now be
| dragged from the Kickoff menu to the desktop or the panel. More work on
| syncing Akregator with online reader services. A GUI for declinations in
| Parley. Support for DGML tags in Marble. Genuine progress in the KTankBattle
| game. General improvements and the removal of the Helix engine in Amarok 2. A
| visual redesign of the KGet "Web Interface", with added translation
| capabilities. Continued work on KPresenter slide transitions, and KCron. Work
| on importing and exporting shortcut configurations in KControl. The "three
| stars per character" password mode returns to KDE 4 (from the KDE 3 series).
| Various speed optimisations across KDE applications. Ligature moves
| to "unmaintained" status. KDE 4.0.2 is tagged for release.
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2008-03-02/

The screenshots of Amarok are quite impressive.

New Compiz Fusion Animations!

,----[ Quote ]
| OK so they are not exatly out yet, but I am told they are coming out soon.
| The three new animations are called, helix, blinds, and sandstorm.
`----

http://thelinuxmovement.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-compiz-fusion-animations.html

Compiz-Fusion Community News for March 9, 2008: New forum theme (finally)!

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2008/03/09/compiz-fusion-community-news-for-february-9-2008-kde-4-plugins-are-in/

Days ago:

The Code for Two New Compiz Animations [with Video]

,----[ Quote ]
| Well,  here it is, the code for “Helix” and for “Blinds”. Right now, neither
| of these are in the Compiz Git repositories, so you’ll need to compile the
| code yourself by replacing the entire plugins-main/src/animation directory
| with the code you got from the link in the first sentence and compiling
| normally.
`----

http://kdubois.net/?p=51

[FusionComm] Compiz Fusion 0.7.2 released!

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm pleased to announce the release of Compiz Fusion 0.7.2.
|
| This is the first development release of Compiz Fusion 0.7 series, which will
| be the basis for the stable 0.8.0 release. This release is based on Compiz
| 0.7.2
| and requires some features that weren't in Compiz 0.7.0.
|
| Please note that we decided to skip 0.7.0 to keep in sync with Compiz version
| numbers to reduce confusion as much as possible.
`----

http://lists.compiz-fusion.org/pipermail/community/2008-March/000168.html

The Simple Compiz Config Settings Manager

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=simple_ccsm&num=1