Re: [News] [Rival] The Microsoft Police (BSA) Pressures Congress on Software Patents

http://blogs.itworldcanada.com/shane/2007/12/12/why-open-source-has-always-deserved-a-census/

> Classic: "We know OSS is big - we just can't prove it."
>

>> Get free software and save a fortune
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> Though the most popular open- source package is ubuntu, funded by
>>> local entrepreneur Mark Shuttleworth, South African business is
>>> generally paying dearly for its ignorance of free software, says a
>>> study by international market research firm Frost and Sullivan.
>>>
>>> The report, South African Open Source Market, said allegations by
>>> large developers, led by Microsoft, and the Business Software
>>> Alliance, of piracy
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> and copyright violations have cast a shadow over the legitimacy of
>>> free software.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.thetimes.co.za/Business/Article.aspx?id=602887
>
> How legitimate can something like OpenOffice Base be?  From the interface
> down to the names of many built-in OO Basic functions, it's clearly a
> poorly
> attempted clone of MS Access.  Why don't the OO developers have any
> original ideas?

Ca...Ching!
--
Micros~1 Accounting Department - 1 Payment Made:
Our records indicate that you've carried out your assigned mission. Your

News Alert: Area man finally discovers blogging...
http://tinyurl.com/2qeo3z