Re: Microsoft's "Jihad" Against Its Rivals

* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

> Wow, a semi-original bit of prose from Roy.  I'm amazed.  Of course it's
> full of inaccuracies, mistruths, and outright lies.. but at least he's
> moved on to creating new content.
>
> On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 17:45:25 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft held out pretty long in not
>> accepting the tcp/ip networking protocol of the Internet. When the
>> Internet took off without them, they were simply forced to follow.
>
> Microsoft included TCP/IP in the first version of Windows NT, in 1993.
> Novell, Microsoft's leading networking competitor didn't include TCP/IP
> until significantly later.  What's more, Microsoft released a TCP/IP stack
> for Windows 3.x in 1992 based on the same stack.  This was several years
> before "the internet took off".

Actually, UNIX was there wayyyyyyyyy before Microsoft.

Nice try, Erik.

> But then, if you were a real journalist, you'd know that...

But then, if you weren't a troll with an agenda, you'd state that.

> In many ways, the ODF fight is an extension of the Java fight.  Back then,
> Sun was just itching for a fight with Microsoft, and they were talking for
> months about how they were going to dig through Microsoft's Java
> implementation with a fine tooth comb.  In the end, they had to deny
> Microsoft access to the validation suite in order to make sure Microsoft
> couldn't pass it.
>
> These are the same dirty tricks they pulled in OASIS by pretending to
> extend a welcoming invitation to Microsoft to work on ODF, while at the
> same time making it clear that they would have no say in how ODF turned
> out.

Lookee here, the Microsoft shill whining about "dirty tricks".

*LMAO*

--
You see, antiquated ideas of kindness and generosity are simply bugs that
must be programmed out of our world. And these cold, unfeeling machines will