Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's HackTivHacks in IE8 Comes Under Scrutiny

alt wrote:

> You think Microsoft would've learned by even observing that
> virtualization is a good thing. But alas, instead we were stuck with
> thunking layers to improve performance at the expensive of stability
> (OS/2's Win16 speed wasn't bad either).

I used OS/2 for a while also. Mostly ran Windows 3.1 under it. I had a bare
minimum 486SX with 4 (or 8?) Megs of RAM. Native Windows would not run
dBASE for Windows 5. It came back with an error "not enough memory."
Windows under OS/2 would, however, run the program. Impressed me quite a
bit at the time.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"