[News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Development' Model: Destroy Competition

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Development' Model: Destroy Competition
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 04:42:55 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Needs Yahoo! to Compete Against Google, Ballmer says

,----[ Quote ]
| The chief of Microsoft put himself in the crosshairs Thursday when he invited
| an antagonist to fire questions at him.
`----

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/techsoftware/10406635.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&amp;cm_cat=FREE&amp;cm_ite=NA

Mission "destroy Google". That's Microsoft 'innovation'. Targetted attacks.

Microsoft: People In Glass Houses Shouldn't Throw Stones (At Google)

,----[ Quote ]
| But the law of the jungle is: beat your chest and scream from high trees, but
| only if you're the best and you've got the goods. Because if you don't,
| you'll get pounded.
|
| Microsoft's got enough going on without getting into PR fisticuffs with
| Google. Did Bill really need to go after Google Apps at a recent SharePoint
| conference?
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/67565-microsoft-people-in-glass-houses-shouldn-t-throw-stones-at-google?source=yahoo

Google Should Hit 90% Search Market Share

,----[ Quote ]
| I read that Jason Calacanis thinks Google will have 90% market share in
| search within the next year. I don't know if it's going to be 90%, but I do
| think that Google's share of the search market (at least the English speaking
| search market) will not stop climbing.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/67599-google-should-hit-90-search-market-share?source=yahoo

Related:

Microsoft's Last Big Beat: Internet Domination or Death

,----[ Quote ]
| What can $44.6B USD mean? Well, for Microsoft (MSFT) it may mean the cost of
| survival.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/63876-microsoft-s-last-big-beat-internet-domination-or-death?source=yahoo

Microsoft says to borrow money for Yahoo deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Monday it may borrow money for the first time in its
| history to fund a portion of its $44.6 billion unsolicited offer for Yahoo
| Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNews/idUSN0455692920080205

Microsoft's DreamSpark – What a Giveaway

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/microsofts-dreamspark-%E2%80%93-what-giveaway