Re: Here's how to become part of the Vista 'junk' PC lawsuit

____/ Sinister Midget on Saturday 08 March 2008 16:40 : \____

> On 2008-03-08, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>> ____/ RonB on Saturday 08 March 2008 06:57 : \____
>>
>>> "In the words of the law firm, "the class action lawsuit alleges that
>>> Microsoft violated consumer protection and other laws by marketing PCs
>>> as 'Windows Vista Capable' (supposedly upgradable to Vista when it later
>>> launched) despite the fact that consumers could upgrade only to 'Vista Home
>>> Basic' --- a stripped-down operating system lacking the functionality and
>>> features that Microsoft advertised as 'Vista' and which has been described
>>> as "'the most pointless edition of Windows that Microsoft has ever
>>> released.'"
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/3cjhaq
>>>
>>> Microsoft caught with their pants down
>>>
>>> "Board member and former Microsoft president/chief operating officer Jon
>>> Shirley also emailed about Vista misery: "I upgraded one of the two
>>> machines I use a lot to Vista. The most persistent and so far hardest to
>>> fix issues are both MSN products, Portfolio in MSN Money and Music
>>> (downloads I had bought in the past)." He went on to add " ... there are no
>>> drivers yet for my Epson printer (top of the line and in production today
>>> but no driver yet), Epson scanner (older but also top of the line and they
>>> say they do not do a driver for) and a Nikon film scanner that will get a
>>> driver one day ... I cannot understand with a product this long in creation
>>> why there is such a shortage of drivers."
>>>
>>> http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/JC08Dj03.html
>>>
>>> If people are going to be allowed to get in on a lawsuit against M$ because
>>> Vista is a pile of crap, Ballmar might want to save the money he was
>>> planning to use to buy Google. He's going to need it.
>>
>> Suppose many millions could have fallen for this scam. That might cost
>> Microsoft $billions, just like those massive XBox360 failures.
>>
>> XBox360 lost about $6 billion so far, IIRC.
>>
>> Microsoft has little left if the bank if half-cash for Yahoo ($41 billion)
>> means taking a loan of about $20 billion.
>>
>> It's not looking good, not looking good.
>>
>> This time around, Microsoft may learn that doing crime with Intel does not
>> pay off.
>
> Since they're going to be approaching debt anyway, maybe they can go
> ahead and borrow the whole Yahoo cost so they can keep enough on-hand
> to deal with the first wave of settlements with the people who got
> Fisted. Or they might be able to get a grant from the Billy Buttcrust
> and Melinda Gatus Foundation and Loan Co, LLC that can cover the Yahoo
> costs so the money they're going to borrow can cover the first 2 or 3
> waves of settlements over those getting Fisted.

Gates won't contribute financially. The same goes for Ballmer, who received a
raise, IIRC (he loves money). Actually, Gates has been consistently dropping
MSFT for a long time while Microsoft Corp. bought them back (buybacks, i.e.
privatisation). The stock/shares Gates still owned lost a lot of value
recently (Microsoft's market cap sank $40,000,000,000 after the YHOO bid),
which is why Gates is now just the third-richest man in the world. Like the
company he co-founded, he falls down the ladder, despite tax evasion (the
Gates Fundation/Reservoir)

> Any judge that allows them to get away with software vouchers on this
> needs to be strung up. In fact, any judge that looks as though they
> *might* be amenable to any sort of settlement of the sort should be
> dragged naked 10 miles over a gravel road.

A voucher for /what/ though? Vista? People have better OSes like GNU/Linux and
XP. For a Zune? Soap bars aren't worth much. XBox 360? Well, bonfire night is
quite some time ahead...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: just set it and forget about it