[News] [Rival] Paid Microsoft Lobbyist Speaks for Patents 'on Behalf' of Small European Businesses

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Paid Microsoft Lobbyist Speaks for Patents 'on Behalf' of Small European Businesses
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 15:50:12 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Slovenia, France build pressure for Community Patent

,----[ Quote ]
| “This is a long-awaited step in the right direction. We applaud the Member
| States’ decision to push for a Community Patent,” said Jonathan Zuck,
| president of the Association for Competitive Technology, which represents
| small and medium size companies in the EU.
`----

http://bulletin.sciencebusiness.net/ebulletins/showissue.php3?page=/548/art/10104&ch=1

Shilling son of a...

Microsoft sends this shill (ACT: Zuck and other scum) to do a lot of legwork
these days, e.g.:

Standards Body Weighs Microsoft’s Competing Format For Document Sharing

,----[ Quote ]
| Reactions to the BRM have been mixed. Jonathan Zuck of the Association for
| Competitive Technology, which counts Microsoft as a member and issued a
| statement in support of the standard, said that OOXML is just as deserving as
| ODF of standardisation, as “only OOXML offers full fidelity for storage of
| existing documents” from prior versions of word-processing software.
`----

http://www.ip-watch.org/weblog/index.php?p=938

ACT is a Microsoft lobbying arm.

Related:

Microsoft sets spinners on court verdict

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft may have lost in court, but it quickly tried to win the war of
| media reaction via organisations like CompTIA, the Computing Technology
| Industry Association and ACT (the Association for Competitive Technology)
| which both intervened in court on its side.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/17/reaction_microsoft_verdict/

Big businesses boast of patent benefits, for small businesses

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/99155/big-businesses-boast-of-patent-benefits-for-small-businesses.html