Re: [News] Miguel de Icaza Spills the Bean on Mono: It's a Patent Trap

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 08 March 2008 01:52 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> MIX - Novell's de Icaza criticizes Microsoft patent deal
>
> It's a bit late for regrets, isn't it?
>
> http://mschnlnine.vo.llnwd.net/d1/ch9/0/LangNetMiguelDragos.wmv
>
> He's deeply ambivalent, putting it diplomatically.

Sam Varghese picked this one:

Diehards?

"However, De Icaza is being disengenious. Consider this remark of his just 15
months ago:
http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2006/Nov-04.html

"Why did you guys work this deal with Microsoft?
Although I did not take part of the actual negotiations, and was only told
about this deal less than a week before the announcement, I had been calling
for a long time for a collaboration between Microsoft and Open Source and
Microsoft and Novell.
There are numerous interviews that touch on this topic and most recently my
interview in Microsoft's Port25
In the past I had called for this same kind of cooperation with other
companies. "

[...]

So, the question arises: Why is De Icaza criticizing the "deal" now? What's
changed? The terms of Icaza's employment? His salary? His VP status? His
duties? GNOME's GPL status?

It's time De Icaza comes clean."

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2008-03-07-011-26-NW-BZ-NV-0004

Beware the Windows box spewage (more commonly known as "spam")
 03:20:03 up 43 days, 13:14,  3 users,  load average: 1.84, 1.33, 1.64