[News] Finding and Tracking FOSS Gets Easier with OpenLogic and OSAlt

  • Subject: [News] Finding and Tracking FOSS Gets Easier with OpenLogic and OSAlt
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 15:31:41 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
OpenLogic helps enterprises manage open source access

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source software is no longer an enterprise pariah, but IT shops still
| want to manage and monitor its use among their internal developers.
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid39_gci1303640,00.html

Open Source Without Tears

,----[ Quote ]
| osalt.com. Sites that organize software into neat and tidy categories are
| great, but let's face it: Most of us just don't think about software this
| way. Instead, it's much easier to think about software by naming well-known
| products that do a job we need to get done; when you're looking for software
| that reads PDF documents, for example, what you're really thinking is, "I
| need an app that does the same thing as Adobe Acrobat reader."
`----

http://www.bmighty.com/blog/main/archives/2008/03/opensource_with.html

Related:

OpenLogic tool runs an inventory on open-source apps

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/071007-openlogic-tool-runs-an-inventory.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news