[News] New Linux Conferences Announced (MontaVista, Freescale and LF)

  • Subject: [News] New Linux Conferences Announced (MontaVista, Freescale and LF)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 15:01:58 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Why the Linux Plumbers Conference is So Cool

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Plumbers Conference was created to provide a forum for
| communication and problem- solving for issues, which are system-wide and
| cross project boundaries. This community event includes both invited guests
| as well as open registration, gathering 300 stakeholders, decision makers and
| developers.
`----

http://www.linux-foundation.org/weblogs/jzemlin/2008/03/06/why-the-linux-plumbers-conference-is-so-cool/

Freescale to discuss new chips at tech forums

,----[ Quote ]
| Freescale Semiconductor and Linux development partner MontaVista have
| announced dates and locations for five Freescale Technology Forum (FTF)
| events in 2008.

Endless events recently... (some recent examples below)

Recent:

ApacheCon set for Amsterdam

,----[ Quote ]
| The Apache Software Foundation will host a conference in Amsterdam, from
| April 7-11. The open source conference will start with two days of "intense"
| training classes, says the Foundation, followed by three days of over 50
| sessions on open source software.

Cluster Resources Launches First Annual Moab Conference

,----[ Quote ]
| Moab*Con 2008: "Advancing Computing Intelligence," which takes place May
| 27-30, 2008 at the Provo Marriott Hotel and Conference Center in Provo, Utah,
| will feature keynote addresses by leading Linux architects on future
| directions...
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10447.html

OMG and Eclipse Partner to Organize Symposia On Open Software & Standards

,----[ Quote ]
| The Object Management Group™ (OMG™) and the Eclipse Foundation are jointly
| organizing two, one-day symposia to promote and build on the partnership
| between Eclipse’s open source software and OMG’s open standards. The first
| event is part of EclipseCon 2008 in Santa Clara on March 20, 2008; the other
| is during the OMG Technical Meeting in Ottawa, Canada on June 25, 2008.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080228005770&newsLang=en

Document Freedom Day 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| On March 26th, there will be this years' Document Freedom Day.
`----

http://ooomarketing.blogspot.com/2008/02/document-freedom-day-2008.html

Dries Buytaert Open Source Rock Star / Entrepreneur?

,----[ Quote ]
| In the world of technology we're always looking for the latest 'rock star'.
| Who is that next hot tech visionary that will build an adoring following of
| thousands?
|
| In my opinion we can now add the founder of the open source content
| management system Drupal (and its commercial startup Acquia) Dries Buytaert
| to the rock star list. This week he launched Acquia with $7 million in
| funding. He also hosted a Drupal lovefest (DrupalCon Boston) which boasted
| over 800 attendees.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/03/dries-buytaert-open-source-roc.html

Third African FOSS conference heads to Senegal

,----[ Quote ]
| Time is running out to register for Idlelo 3, the third African Conference on
| Free and Open Source Software and the Digital Commons. The conference will be
| held in Dakar, Senegal between 16 and 20 March.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2185

The World Watches As OSIW Kicks Off In Bengaluru!

,----[ Quote ]
| India's premier event on Linux and Open Source -- Open Source India Week 2008
| (OSIW) -- has just got under way, with the stage set and the big shots of the
| open source world in at Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru. The CTO
| Summit -- the first and one-of-its-kind session -- kick-started with the
| keynote of one of the open source powerhouses, Brian Behlendorf. He is the
| man behind Apache Web servers that run more than 60 per cent of the world's
| website.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/24663/news.htm

Linux Expo can help you build a business

,----[ Quote ]
| The focus of the two-day show at the Westin Los Angeles Airport Hotel will be
| on the Linux operating system - made to work like the mainframe stalwart Unix
| but now available for servers and desktop computers of all kinds. But a big
| part of the SCALE 6X show will be how companies like Google, Ticketmaster and
| Shopzilla use free, open-source software to build huge businesses.
`----

http://www.dailybreeze.com/business/ci_8210027

Five Trends at Southern California Linux Expo

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/02/08/five-trends-at-southern-california-linux-expo/