[News] [Rival] Another Microsoft Insider (Proxy) in ECMA Exposed, Shamed

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Another Microsoft Insider (Proxy) in ECMA Exposed, Shamed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 08:07:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
OOXML editor (former) Microsoft employee?

,----[ Quote ]
| Ecma International's Rex Jaeschke does not only live very close to Redmond.
|
| [...]
|
| Can you feel how Microsoft owns ECMA and the whole ISO process?
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-45219/ooxml-editor-former-microsoft-employee

Wow. The degree of corruption is stunning.

Related:

And the award goes to... (top 10 worst Ecma responses)

,----[ Quote ]
| If there are awards to be given to categories of worst dispositions provided
| by Ecma in response to comments by National Bodies for the OOXML balotting on
| 2 September 2007, then the ODF Alliance's list of top 10 (plus 1 bonus!) is a
| good one. The categories are:
|
|     10. Worst Ignored Request
|     9. Worst non-Answer
|     8. Worst use of XML
|     7. Worst Introduction of Security Holes
|     6. Worst 'Back Door' Tactic
`----

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/02/and-the-award-g.html

Give us the password!

,----[ Quote ]
| What is needed now is the public and unconditional access to the works of the
| TC 45. What is needed now is for the Ecma to give the password to their page.
| Give us the password!
`----

http://standardsandfreedom.net/index.php/2007/12/13/give-us-the-password/

A Peek Behind the Ecma OOXML Curtain

,----[ Quote ]
| A particularly contentious issue has been whether Ecma is trying to make it
| as easy as possible, or is trying to make it as difficult as possible while
| still scoring PR points, for interested parties to view proposed dispositions
| of comments, and whether it does, or does not, have the latitude under ISO
| rules to be more transparent. The fairly opaque, and sometimes contradictory
| nature of those rules, has not made the debate any easier, and gives rise to
| the possibility of confusion, at best, and serious mistakes, at worst, as
| Pamela Jones pointed out at Groklaw this morning.
|
| The result is that there will be very little real data available to the
| general public until Ecma opens the curtains on January 19. And the import of
| what little data does become available is usually the subject of instant
| disagreement.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=2007121304552774

Microsoft accused of stacking ISO committee

| In a memo sent following his last meeting as head of the working group on
| WG1, which is handling Microsoft’s application to make the Word format an ISO
| standard as ECMA 376, outgoing Governor Martin Bryan (above), an expert on
| SGML and XML, accused the company of stacking his group.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1777

Martin Bryan: we are getting “standardization by corporation”

,----[ Quote ]
| A November informative report of Martin Bryan, Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34
| WG1 highlights the fallout of the ECMA-376 fast-track process for ISO. He
| says he is 'glad to be retiring before the situation becomes impossible'
|
| [...]
|
| In what is an astonishingly outspoken report, Martin Bryan, Convenor, ISO/IEC
| JTC1/SC34 WG1 has given us insight into the total mess that Microsoft/ECMA
| have caused during their scandalous, underhand and unremitting attempts to
| get - what is a very poorly written specification {i.e. DIS 29500 aka OOXML,
| AR} - approved as an ISO standard. …
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-30107/martin-bryan:we-are-getting-standardization-by-corporation

Dysfunctional ISO - Courtesy of Microsoft

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2007/12/dysfunctional-iso-courtesy-of-microsoft.html