Re: [Roy Schestowitz has another slow news day] Another Review of FreeBSD 7 and Another Possible GPL Violator (Cittio)

____/ Linonut on Wednesday 05 March 2008 17:46 : \____

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 16:40:28 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> Yet another slow news day, Roy is reduced to commenting about non-linux
>> operating systems.  Not that FreeBSD is bad (in fact, i just started using
>> it for a new firewall, I like it a lot) but this is a Linux newsgroup.
>> Guess it goes with his Microsoft envy.
>
> Nah, FreeBSD is on topic, mostly.
>
> I should try it again.  I've got an old, old laptop loaded down with
> Ubuntu.

It's a kernel, just like Linux. They share the same components on top (whatever
makes a GNU/Linux distribution). BSD even uses and relies on Linux software
(through compatibility layers). I use a lot of BSD software.

Why need I even defend myself in the face of a troll? *sigh*

Previously-unsurpassed exposure makes carnation-faced men
 18:00:09 up 41 days,  3:54,  3 users,  load average: 4.54, 2.82, 2.91