Re: Why Linux must win

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 05 March 2008 10:55 : \____

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
> [snip litany of Microsoft's Mafia tactics]
>
> How anyone can have the gall to denounce our criticism of Microsoft as
> "irrational hatred", defies logic. It's as if they've been brainwashed.

New one I came across half an hour ago:

Analysis of a typical response

,----[ Quote ]
| The exchange always seems to go like this:
|
|     FOSS advocate: Microsoft is doing [some business strategy], which is bad,
|     because [some negative effect on the FOSS community, the user community
|     or society].
|
|     Microsoft fan: Have you tried [insert some random Microsoft product
|     name]? It's excellent! But you don't see that because for you it's only
|     Linux/FOSS. You obviously hate Microsoft (or Bill Gates, or Steve
|     Balmer). (Sometimes thrown in: Microsoft worked hard for its market
|     share, why should they not take advantage of it? You FOSS people are
|     communists and don't like the free-market.)
`----

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/foobar/4674

Amnesia, paranoid, fanaticism etc. are all just methods for protecting a
criminal behaviour in this case. Don't ever accept it. The problem is that
John and Mary Bloggs get exposed to so much brainwash (something arriving from
Gates-owned press), so they are taught to discredit 'Mafiasoft doubters'.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Oracle: Linux adoption to accelerate
 12:05:01 up 40 days, 21:59,  3 users,  load average: 0.85, 2.01, 2.16