Re: Cross-platform gets redefined ..

* Jim Richardson peremptorily fired off this memo:

> MS has a "no sue" covenant with Novell, perhaps they think that they are
> free to go after anyone else over moonlight? Could be a left hand/right
> hand thing too. MS isn't known for it's cohesive, coherent action.

Promises schomises.  Microsoft's record of violating agreements is well
known.  It pays to be paranoid where Microsoft is concerned.

We might not be having this discussion if Blammer didn't open up his big
yap about Linux users having "balance-sheet liabilities" over Microsoft
patents.

And they don't need Mono to do that, in any case.

They've left Mono alone, and even let Samba pay them $10,000 for a
one-time patent royalty, so maybe they're cleaning up their act a bit.

On the other hand, what you said above.

--
DOS is ugly and interferes with users' experience.
   -- Bill Gates