Re: Microsoft's Scott Guthrie Lies About/Twists "Cross-platform" to Hijack Web (was: [News] Microsoft's Scott Guthrie Lies About/Twists "Cross-platform" to Hijack Web)

> Has any arrangement been made concerning new versions of Silverlight?

Yes.

> Presumably, at some point Microsoft will develop an updated version, and
> release an implementation of that and specs.  Users will then start
> updating to that.  At some point after that, there will be enough users
> that sites will consider it safe to start requiring that the user have
> the new version.

That makes sense;   Hopefully we will tracking Silverlight 2.0 fairly
closely.

In another post I outlined our current priorities (leading to shipping
1.0),
but once we sort those out we will switch development to 2.0.

> Will theMoonlightteam get access to that new spec early enough to have
> the new Linux client available when sites start requiring it?

Yes, we already have them, and have had for a few months now.   We
have done
some work on a private tree (the 'oil' tree).   The work will become
public
when Microsoft officially releases the new APIs.

Miguel.