[News] Google Eats More Microsoft Cash Cows, Blocking Monopoly

  • Subject: [News] Google Eats More Microsoft Cash Cows, Blocking Monopoly
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 06:27:58 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Is Google Apps the Next Microsoft Office?

,----[ Quote ]
| Still, several major developments will put Microsoft Office and Google Apps
| on a collision course. For instance, Google in November 2007 indicated that
| future releases would allow users to edit Google Apps while offline,
| according to TechCrunch.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/66405-is-google-apps-the-next-microsoft-office?source=yahoo

Google Docs Now More 'Office' Like

,----[ Quote ]
| The changes have been rolled out across the three core Google Docs products
| (Writely, Spreadsheets and Presentations).
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/66567-google-docs-now-more-office-like?source=yahoo

Google To Tackle Safe Storage Of E-Health Records

,----[ Quote ]
| "We keep trying to drag the consumer over to places they wouldn't otherwise
| go, in order to have their medical records online," said Simon, who's on a
| Google health advisory panel. "I view this as one of the places millions of
| people already are. Why don't we go there?"
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ibd/080228/tech01.html?.v=1

Days ago:

Google Goes After Another Microsoft Cash Cow

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/27/google-goes-after-another-microsoft-cash-cow/?ref=technology

`----