[News] [Rival] Arsenal Site Infects Windows, Train System Breaks Windows

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Arsenal Site Infects Windows, Train System Breaks Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 04:53:30 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[Joys of Windows.]

Gooner fan site nobbled by malware

,----[ Quote ]
| An Arsenal fan site has been compromised to serve up sophisticated malware.
| Malicious code smuggled onto Onlinegooner.com redirected users to sites in
| Asia and Russia that download a wide variety of nasties onto vulnerable
| Windows PCs.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/29/gooner_malware_assault/

This is how Microsoft “keeps the trains running”

,----[ Quote ]
| Our reader says: "The Danish message is that "Windows has recovered from a
| serious failure".
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/02/29/microsoft-keeps-trains-running

Photos included. Costly software errors:

Dutch tax office deletes 730,000 tax returns

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/29/sorry_we_lost_your_tax_return/