Re: [News] [Rival] Standards New Zealand Battles Microsoft Over Smear Campaign

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Standards NZ asks Microsoft staffer to 'rectify' statements

> | Standards New Zealand has asked a Microsoft employee to rectify
> | statements made in an email to the Trinidad & Tobago Computing Society
> | about New Zealand OOXML advisor Matthew Holloway.
> |
> | The emails were sent as standards organisations around the world engage
> | in sometimes heated debate over whether Microsoft's Office Open XML
> | (OOXML) file format should be accepted as a standard alongside the Open
> | Document Format.
> `----
>
> http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/0B47485921D44083CC2574110068B1B6
>

> Yesterday:
>
> A Microsoft Slur in the OOXML Saga -- Did I Tell You or Did I Tell You? -
> Updated
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Remember I told you I've noticed that people who don't support
> | Microsoft's agenda end up the victim of smear campaigns?
> |
> | The New Zealand Open Source Society is reporting that an employee at
> | Microsoft New Zealand recently sent an email to one of the technical
> | bodies advising an NB involved in the OOXML ISO process, smearing a
> | man's reputation, Matthew Holloway, apparently to undermine his
> | technical input which was critical of OOXML.
> `----
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20080318151252279

If micoshaft executives are ordering up smear campaigns against individuals,
then the executives ordering up these smear campains need to be
brought before the courts and judgements handed down to them.

All staff need to questioned to verify their stories and documented
and made public so that if it happens again, we all know who to
think of first.