Re: Linux People: Please Don't Attack MS-Windows Users!

On Mar 20, 8:21 am, Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.st...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 04:25:45 -0700 (PDT), Mark S Bilk wrote:
> > On Mar 20, 1:36 am, a Linux advocate wrote:
> >> ... It is disgusting that people feel the need to start a smear
> >> campaign like this.  Naturally this is done by windows lovers.
> >> Nobody else is so low on the evolution ladder.
>
> > Most people who use MS-Windows are as evolved as anyone else
> > (although usually not well informed on computer matters).
>
> Linux user superiority complex noted.
> A well known trait of the Linux zealot.

Gary Stewart, a.k.a. "Moshe Goldfarb" and hundreds of
other false names, is using lying ad hominem attacks here.

GNU/Linux is more reliable, more secure, more adaptable, more
versatile, and much easier to use (once one becomes familiar
with it) than MS-Windows.  That's due to its basis in Unix,
and its subsequent excellent engineering (true also of the X
windowing system, KDE, Gnome, mplayer, Firefox, etc.) which
evolved mostly in environments free of the commercial pressures
that have made Windows a nearly unmanageable monstrosity.
Most people familiar with the computer field know these
things, and avoid MS-Windows unless forced to use it for
their employment or because they're tied to some proprietary
software written for it.  They will use Linux, one of the BSDs,
or (if they don't mind spending a lot more money) a Mac (which
has its own user interface running on top of Unix).

Since most Windows users are not constrained on their home
machines to use some particular Windows-only software, it
follows logically that they are not well-informed in these
matters.  That's because Microsoft very effectively limits media
exposure of Linux by threatening to withold its advertising
dollars.  Microsoft also forbids computer manufacturers to
install Linux along with Windows in a dual-boot configuration.
So most people are unlikely to have ever (knowingly) seen
Linux in operation.

These are facts, and stating them does not mean that one
is a "zealot", nor that one has a "superiority complex".
Those claims are lying Microsoft propaganda.

> > They are
> > in fact our prospective (non-paying) _customers_, i.e., Linux users
> > to be.  So please don't insult them.  Remember -- they visit this
> > newsgroup to learn about Linux and open-source software, and
> > to get started they need the help of people already using it.
> > That's us!
>
> People read comp.os.linux.advocacy for a laugh, comic relief, nothing more.
> COLA is pretty much considered the rectum of USENET and

This is also Microsoft's lying propaganda.  There is a wealth of
information presented in COLA, and the only thing that makes the
newsgroup distasteful is the thousands of lies and ad hominem
attacks against Linux posted every month by the anonymous agents
on behalf of Microsoft.

> since Roy Schestowitz and his band of "Merry SPAMMERS" have
> crap flooded it, the group is even more useless than it's eve been.

Anyone who reads Roy's articles and the sources he cites
knows that he is in no way a spammer, but is instead the
most prolific researcher -- on the topics of GNU/Linux,
free/open-source software in general, related matters like DRM,
and the unfortunate depredations by Microsoft -- not only in
COLA, but perhaps in the entire world.  And his statements about
(and selection of excerpts from) his sources are quite accurate.
This is why the sociopaths posting on behalf of Microsoft attack
him so frequently and so savagely.  Microsoft simply does not
want people to know the information that Roy posts, since it
shows how much better off they would be using Linux and other
free software than using Windows and other Microsoft products.

> > On the other hand, the robotically programmed non-people who are
> > doing the smear campaigns, personal attacks, and floods of lies
> > against GNU/Linux on behalf of Microsoft are _not_ typical Windows
> > users.
>
> The only "ROBOT" in comp.os.linux.advocacy is Roy Schestowitz, a paid
> SPAMMER who uses auto-posting software to SPAM the group as well as every
> other corner of the Internet 24x7.

This is obviously another lie.  No software could select the
articles that Roy posts about, nor create his accurate reviews
and choose his appropriate excerpts from them.  And his posts
are certainly not "spam", because they are exactly on-charter
for COLA.

However the thousands of posts per month in COLA by anonymous
agents attacking Linux _are_ spam, because they are distortions,
outright lies, and/or ad hominem attacks rather than actual
discussions.  And many of them probably could be created by
an ELIZA-type program, since they require very little thought,
and mostly consist of repetitions of previous attacks.

> Roy Schestowitz is an unemployed career student at a 3rd rate college who

Pure ad hominem attack.

> is being used to flood the Internet search engines with Microsoft hate
> articles

There are a great many people who strongly dislike Microsoft's
products and anti-competitive practices (like financing SCO
with $100,000,000 to attack Linux creators, distributors, and
users with lawsuits alleging theft of intellectual property,
all of which turned out to be completely false accusations).
Microsoft causes a great deal of harm in its pursuit of money.
Roy Schestowitz simply references the accurate articles that
these people publish in various places.  Microsoft doesn't
want this information broadcast to the public, because the
truth hurts their sales.  That's why Gary Stewart and his
pals are always attacking him.  They sure seem to be working
for Microsoft!

> most of which either have no evidence to substantiate his claims

Roy's source articles have plenty of evidence (unless they're
purely opinion pieces), as anyone can see if they follow the URLs
and read them.

> or in fact refer back to his own blogs for proof of his often bizarre
> claims.

I've read hundreds of Roy's posts, and have only seen two or three
that cite his own websites.

> > They are sociopaths -- people who harm others for sadism
> > or monetary rewards.  They have no conscience, no morality,
> > no concern for the wellbeing of anyone but themselves.  They want
> > us to attack normal Windows users, as that will put off those users
> > from trying Linux.  Don't do what the sociopaths want you to do.
>
> A perfect definition of Roy Schestowitz BTW.

Roy tells the truth.  Learning the truth helps people make decisions
that are beneficial to themselves.

Gary Stewart is lying again.  He'll tell any lie to attack Linux,
even if it makes no sense at all.  The sheer number of lies may
be enough to convince some people that he's right, if they don't
actually think about what they're reading.  At least that's what
Gary and the other Microsoft propagandists hope.

> As for Mark S. Bilk, before accepting his claims, why not read up a little
> on Mark S. Bilk.
>
> Among his many *theories* is that 9-11 was an inside job.

There are by now hundreds of websites, books, and videos with
the evidence for this fact, which is known by millions of
people around the world.  The World Trade Center was destroyed
by explosives and thermate (an aluminum-based incendiary
with added sulfur to enhance its ability to melt steel).
Pieces of the peripheral columns of the towers were blown
sideways hundreds of feet, with such force that they stuck in
the sides of neighboring buildings.  Only explosives could have
done that.  And enormous puddles of molten steel were found
under the rubble of the towers.  Only an incendiary substance
like thermate could have done that; jet fuel (which is just
kerosene) and burning furniture and paper don't get nearly
hot enough to liquify steel.  And in any case, the chemical
residues from the thermate were detected in abundance.

There is no way that any "Moslem terrorists" could have
implanted the explosives and thermate in the towers.  On the
other hand, the company in charge of WTC security had George
W Bush's brother Marvin on its board of directors.

Here are some excellent websites with information about what
happened on 9/11:

http://www.ae911truth.org/
http://journalof911studies.com/
http://stj911.com/

And this one also has information about the whole political and
economic situation in the U.S. and the world that motivated
some of the ultra-wealthy sociopaths who control our government,
economy, and media to perpetrate the 9-11 attacks:

http://takingaimradio.com/shows/audio.html

Here are some good websites about sociopaths being in control:

http://www.sott.net/
http://ponerology.blogspot.com/

> Mark S. Bilk is a loony toon's loony.....

Please look at the above websites and decide for yourself, folks.

This one is mine:
> http://www.cosmicpenguin.com/

> For even more entertainment, google his name with and without the middle
> initial.

Please do, with quotes around the name, otherwise you get a
lot of pages that have nothing to do with me.  Note that the
9-11 truth movement has its own band of largely anonymous
liars who try to discredit us by making bizarre claims that
no planes hit the WTC, and insisting that _they_ are the 9-11
truth movement, so the public will get confused and ignore us.
I've written about them on my 9-11 page under the heading:
"The No-WTC-Planes Disinformation Gang".  Consequently they
have written a lot of smear attacks against me on the Web,
as has Gary Stewart under his multitude of false identities.
(Because he's a homophobe he insists that I'm gay.)