Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Running Smear Campaigns Against OOXML Opposition

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 20 March 2008 12:28 : \____

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Mark Kent wrote:
>>
>>> The evidence of this kind of behaviour is mounting fast...
>>>
>>> Is this illegal?
>>
>> It should be.
>>
>> At the very least, this Microsoft employee should be hunted down and
>> "outed", in exactly the same way as certain other malevolent forces have
>> done to their respective antagonists (Groklaw, Wikileaks, Patent Troll
>> Tracker).
>>

> It's hard to get a good grip on the problem.  Microsoft seem able to do
> this in such a distributed fashion that putting ones finger on any
> particular wrongdoing and tracking it back to the instigator is quite
> tricky.
>
> The only defence I'm aware of is to expose the problems on the internet
> for the world to see.

This has just been done in NZ's computing press. Named and shamed. As Glyn
Moody said in relation to this incident yesterday, no wonder people in
technology hate Microsoft.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Billigator: eats your filesystem alive
Mem:    515500k total,   443804k used,    71696k free,     2828k buffers