[News] Uncertainty and Risk Over Windows 7 (Windows Vapourware Edition)

  • Subject: [News] Uncertainty and Risk Over Windows 7 (Windows Vapourware Edition)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:44:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Windows 7 "official" date rumor-whoring: no, it's not official

,----[ Quote ]
| Sources at Microsoft tell me that the inside vibe is tense: Windows 7 is a
| do-or-die release, because the perception is that there's a lot riding on it,
| including the redemption of Windows. It is not a release that is going to be
| slavishly tied to an arbitrary timeframe that was determined in 2007.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080317-windows-7-official-date-rumor-whoring-no-its-not-official.html

Related:

Microsoft : Windows 7 still in planning stage and will take approximately 3
years to develop.

,----[ Quote ]
| January 26th, 2008. Looks like Microsoft is NOT planning to release Windows 7
| in 2009. Microsoft's official response, by an email dated 26th January, 2008,
| to WinVistaClub states that Windows 7 is still in the planning stage and will
| take approximately 3 years to develop.
`----

http://www.winvistaclub.com/i7.html

Impossible thing #1: Developing efficient, well engineered free software like
Debian GNU/Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| So, not only does free software represent a vast amount of effort, but it is
| apparently very well-engineered and efficient effort leading to an even
| higher use value than equivalent proprietary products! Not only can free
| software manage large, complex projects, but it appears to do it better than
| proprietary methods.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/Impossible_thing_1_developing_efficient_free_software_like_gnu_debian

Microsoft India centre working on Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.moneycontrol.com/india/news/business/microsoft-india-centre-workingwindows-7/09/56/296305