[News] The Latest Mandriva Linux Runs on the Eee PC

Mandriva Linux Spring 2008 Release on the Asus EEE PC

,----[ Quote ]
| After the success of Ubuntu 8.04 on my Asus EEE PC it was brought to my
| attention by Klopus there are interesting happenings going on over at
| Mandriva. I was directed to a thread on the EEE PC User Forum discussing
| Mandriva on the EEE PC. After reading through the thread I was convinced I
| would give Mandriva a try. A swift download/burn/format/install later
| Mandriva was installed on my EEE PC.
`----

http://justingill.com/blog/2008/03/18/mandriva-linux-spring-2008-release-on-the-asus-eee-pc/

Recent:

Mandriva 2008.1 works with EEE PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva Linux 2008.1 is coming this April. One of the biggest new features
| is that it is 100% Eee-friendly.
`----

http://eeepc.net/mandriva-20081-works-with-eee-pcs/

Related:

Fedora + Eee PC = Eeedora

,----[ Quote ]
| I am a fan of affordable technology. I like relatively cheap gadgets, and I
| like open source. When I heard about Asus’ Eee PC, I took it with a certain
| grain of salt. I thought that maybe it was just another company trying to
| take a piece of the pie from the One Laptop Per Child initiative.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/02/14/fedora-eee-pc-eeedora/

Eeedora Impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| The installation process went on pretty smoothly. During partitioning, I was
| pretty much rid of Xandros - the chosen default was actually the most
| sensible. Just one / partition, filling up the entire disk, with no swap. As
| usual, anaconda (the Fedora installer) will warn you that not having a swap
| partition will be detrimental to performance - I wonder how many newbies
| might decide to create a swap partition (kind of a big no-no, on these SSD
| based devices).
`----

http://www.bytebot.net/blog/archives/2008/01/31/eeedora-impressions

eeeXubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| This morning I installed eeeXubuntu on the solid state disk of the little
| Eee. It's pretty cool. The default Xandros in advanced mode was okay, but it
| was also a bit limiting. Honestly, I've not had the greatest experiences with
| Xandros, and was a little nervous about enabling repositories that weren't
| necessarily for Xandros... or at least the watered-down version of Xandros
| the Eee runs.
`----

http://www.linuxlibrarian.org/?p=255

eeeXubuntu booting great from SDHC on Asus eeePC

,----[ Quote ]
| I blew away XP on my eeePC and restored the original Xandros - great little
| OS in Easy Mode with iceWM. I also enabled advanced mode (a full KDE desktop)
| using pimpmyeee.sh (Google it - its a no-brainer quick way to enabled KDE).
| You can switch back and forth nice and easily.
`----

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/tonyhughes/4535

Continued Impressions of Ubuntu 7.10 on the EeePC

,----[ Quote ]
| Someone asked me today how Ubuntu was working on the EeePC.  It’s working
| great!  I thought I might share some of my experiences so far, after a bit
| more use.  If you are interested in installing Ubuntu 7.10 on your EeePC head
| on over to the Ubuntu Community Wiki and find out how!
`----

http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2008/01/18/continued-impressions-of-ubuntu-710-on-the-eeepc/

The Evolution of an Ubuntu EeePC

,----[ Quote ]