Re: [News] Internet Explorer 8 to Render More Applications Broken

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 18 March 2008 18:56 : \____

> Kier wrote:

>>> And when you run Linux you are a slave to your time.
>>>
>>> Remember, Linux is only free when your time has no value.
>>
>> Bollocks. Stop peddling this blantant lie, flatty.
>
> It certainly is bollocks, especially since more people probably waste
> more time on ridiculous Windows issues like viruses; defragging; fixing
> a b0rked registry; juggling dependencies; and scratching their heads
> wondering about the mysteries of some non-functional proprietary
> software or drivers, than actually doing anything productive. That's
> assuming they can even get the OS to function long enough to even waste
> any time on such issues, before it trips-out on them.
>
> And the WinTrolls have the nerve to suggest that /Linux/ users don't
> value their time.
>
> LOL! How ironic.

It's a lie that Microsoft has been trying to market for years. Moments ago I
needed a new browser. apt-get to the rescue. It took me no more than 10
seconds to have it installed. How long would that have taken with Windows?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymity - established 2001, Google Groups