Re: 40% of computers are belong to our botnets

____/ Ignoramus25365 on Tuesday 18 March 2008 21:00 : \____

> On 2008-03-18, chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Ignoramus25365 wrote:
>>
>>>"Anyone who clicked on the link got instantly absorbed
>>>into the fast-spreading Mega-D botnet,"
>>
>> Why, I wonder, is "Windows" never mentioned in these stories?  Why not
>> "anyone running Windows as administrator and then clicked on the
>> link"?  Why only spread fear instead of educating?
>>

> Everyone knows that only Windows computers are recruited into botnets.
>
> Everyone also knows that it is very difficult to run Windows and not
> be an administrator.
>
> So the article simply avoided redundancy.

In the BBC, due to complaints from readers I assume, they began adding a
caption saying "Windows is popular among bot herders" (or something along
those lines) to articles covering the phenomenon. The caption is added to a
picture of Windows.

I think it's Mac users who complained about the lack of "Windows" getting a
mention, but I can't recall where I read it, let alone find it.

Did you know people lost their jobs for 'daring' to speak out those figures
that incite panic (Geer)?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Citrix: device for turning XenSource into XenSoft
 22:00:02 up 54 days,  7:54,  6 users,  load average: 0.67, 1.65, 1.84