Re: [News] [Rival] InfoWorld Slams Vista With Series of New Articles

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Was Vista DOA?

,----[ Quote ]
| A recent survey of IT shops shows that over 70 percent of respondents will | still be using their 'current OS' in 2009, Kennedy explains. | | "Since the overwhelming majority (92 percent) of these sites are still | running Windows XP, that means that Vista will likely never achieve critical | mass in the enterprise." `----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/daily/archives/2008/03/was_vista_doa.html?source=rss

There are several other articles there, including one which says that XP (2001)
is better than Vista (2007) and that 100,000 people have so far signed their
petition to save XP.

Clearly, Microsoft has no immediately solution in this case

One thing we are going to see is MS beginning and continuing to license XP on Eee, XO and similar low-cost diskless machines. Otherwise they are completely locked out of that (significant) market for the next couple years while they wait for CPU and Flash prices to drop low enough to accommodate Vista. The will not miss that chance to lock millions of people into their OS.