Re: Expect news soon regarding Munich's FOSS migration

____/ Matt on Sunday 16 March 2008 19:09 : \____

http://www.muenchen.de/cms/prod1/mde/_de/rubriken/Rathaus/40_dir/limux/publ/first_year.pdf

>> <SNIP>

>>> You were not supposed to give a serious reply.

I thought you were sarcastic and spent a few extra seconds trying to find
evidence of this, without success, so I gave a serious reply. :-)

>> Wasn't it Singapore that migrated 20,000 Windows desktops to Linux and
>> OpenOffice in two years?  That is 10,000 per year.  At that rate it
>> would take Munich 15 months to migrate.  :-)
>
> You may be thinking of the Tamil Nadu state in India, which migrated
> 30,000 desktops to Linux in a year.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=elcot+linux&as_epq=tamil+nadu&as_oq=&as_eq=&ft=i&num=100&lr=lang_en&as_filetype=&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=off

The Intel-Dell-MS oligopoly/treo can be weakened by competition (Freedom)
 04:00:01 up 52 days, 13:54,  4 users,  load average: 0.93, 1.11, 1.19