Re: [News] GNU/Linux in Macedonia as Example of Low-cost and Low-power Computing

____/ Matt on Sunday 16 March 2008 17:28 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Latest SEC filing from Microsoft:
>>
>> http://www.  microsoft.com/msft/SEC/default.mspx
>>
>> “A prominent example of open source software is the Linux operating
>> system... To the extent open source software gains increasing market
>> acceptance, sales of our products may decline, we may have to reduce the
>> prices we charge for our products, and revenue and operating margins may
>> consequently decline. ”
>
> Here is a better link for that quote:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/msft/IC/RiskFactors.aspx

I think they neglected to list another important risk factor, which is further
revaluation of the company's practices of bribing professors, stalking on
people (H-P got sued over this months ago and settled quickly) and other
mafia-like behaviours.

Microsoft erases E-mails over 6 months now, but in the future it could face
lawsuits against fraudulent activities.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Data lacking semantics is currency in an island
Swap:  1510068k total,   411388k used,  1098680k free,    64596k cached