Re: [News] Technical Document Shows Why Microsoft's OOXML is Office-only, No Interop

____/ 7 on Sunday 16 March 2008 13:31 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Bad surprise in Microsoft Office binary documents : interoperability
>> remains impossible
>
>> http://ooxmlisdefectivebydesign.blogspot.com/2008/03
> bad-surprise-in-microsoft-office-binary.html
>

> Micoshaft hasn't done any work to make a cast iron irrevokable
> guarantee of lawsuits against users of their corrupt ooxml proprietory
> data format for documents. They have not done any work to place
> their format into irrevocable public ownership where it could be
> maintained and interoperability guaranteed.
>
> I don't think the world is going back to the days of non-interchangeable
> documents and non-interoperable document formats.
> That leaves only one choice - exclude micoshaft from bidding
> in any situation where public ISO standards like ODF will do.

Microsoft will continue to resort to bribery.

* It used its money to pressure people out of their jobs in 2006 (for
supporting ODF)

* In 2007, Microsoft bribed a lot of people to find pseudo support for OOXML.
It was not enough (September's vote failed). The bribery incidents are
properly files and documented for the EU to do its antitrust investigations.

* Microsoft stacked panels and offered all sort of incentives ahead of the 2008
vote. This includes the use of 'charity', which is an utterly disgusting
practice that gives a bad name to charity as  a whole.

* There is evidence which shows that Microsoft offers enterprises all sorts of
incentives to steer away from ODF. It /buys/ lock-in. And that's separate from
what they did in the Library of Congress and probably the BBC also.

Microsoft is not a vicious/predatory company. It is a criminal company. Its
recent history speaks for itself.

Roy S. Schestowitz
         run-level 2  2008-01-24 14:06                   last=