Re: WARNING: Roy Schestowitz is spreading virusses on his website, don't go there!!!!!!!!

____/ peterwn on Friday 14 March 2008 19:47 : \____

> On Mar 15, 5:58 am, "Dr. Bill" <bill_dctrREMOVET...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz, a lintard / spammer from cola is spreading virusses.For
>> instance, when an "Average Joe" windowsuser, who probably wants more
>> information about Linux, visits it's website, Average Joe's computer gets
>> infested with a virus / trojan. Great example of Linux advocating in
>> >cola.http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/Schestowitz.com.jpg
>
> And what is to stop someone wanting to amount a personal attack on Roy
> from setting up such bogus sites.
>
> The bigger question that needs to be asked is why Bill Gates and Steve
> Ballmer of Microsoft acquiese to Microsoft shills mounting such nasty
> personal attacks of this sort.

See:

Hackers Attack Trend Micro

,----[ Quote ]
| Security vendor Trend Micro has fallen victim to a widespread Web attack that
| splashed malicious software onto hundreds of legitimate Web sites in recent
| days.
|
| [...]
|
| Researchers are still not sure how the attackers are managing to hack these
| Web pages, but the pages all seem to use Microsoft's Active Server Page (ASP)
| technology, which is used by many Web development programs to create dynamic
| HTML pages. A software bug in any of those programs is all the attackers need
| to install their malicious code.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,143445-c,hackers/article.html

400,000+ infected web pages in a week?!

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2008/03/14/12/52/22-400-000-infected-web-pages-in-a-

I've _cleaned up my_ Web site (it took a long while). And for trolls who
spreading BS, thousands of sites including big ones like ZDNet are affected.

Hackers launch massive IFRAME attack

,----[ Quote ]
| But Danchev was more pessimistic that the attacks could be halted
| quickly. "To sum up -- it's a mess," he said.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=26001482&rid=-50

Before accusing individuals, look at the Web as a whole. And if you're using
Windows, be careful of pretty much /ANY/ site you visit. The press is filled
with articles about what became a plague and nobody yet knows how many sites
are really affected.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null
 23:00:03 up 50 days,  8:54,  4 users,  load average: 1.96, 1.45, 1.43