[News] Linux-powered TiVo to Play Linux-powered YouTube

TiVo and YouTube to Deliver Web Video to TV

,----[ Quote ]
| Pick up the remote, turn on the television — and watch YouTube.
|
| The user experience envisioned by technology enthusiasts came a step closer
| to reality on Wednesday when TiVo, the maker of popular digital video
| recorders, announced a partnership with YouTube that will deliver Web video
| directly to users’ televisions.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/12/technology/12cnd-tivo.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Recent:

http://www.unixtube.com/

Related:

YouTube on the TV with the OSD

,----[ Quote ]
| Neuros is certainly not the only ones bringing net video to the TV, but we
| are probably the only CE company doing it with open source. Nowhere is the
| intersection between free software and free speech more obvious. If the
| connection between the internet and the TV falls into the hands of a
| proprietary vendor's closed solution, then the hard won free speech victory
| of he internet will fall far short of its ultimate potential.
`----

http://open.neurostechnology.com/node/905

Theora Sea: The-YouTube of OGG Theora

,----[ Quote ]
| Hello everyone. Are you enjoying the new design and main page of SOM? The
| Spanish version of SOM will be available soon.
|
| I would like to take this opportunity to talk about one of the greatest
| things to ever happen to Theora: the Theora Sea website.
`----

http://spreadopenmedia.org/2008/01/30/theora-sea-the-youtube-of-ogg-theora/

LinTube - YouTube with a Linux touch

,----[ Quote ]
| Why shouldn't the Linux community have a YouTube of it's own? LinTube does
| just that: offers Linux and OSS-related videos. Just a beta project for now,
| user registration will be opened in two weeks.
`----

http://digg.com/linux_unix/LinTube_YouTube_with_a_Linux_touch

Microsoft and open source: Welcome to the Borg?"

,----[ Quote ]
| As it turns out, it's very similar to Microsoft's general partner strategy:
| embrace and envelope. (Or embrace, extend, and extinguish, as used to be
| Microsoft's marching orders.)
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9863115-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Microsoft Using YouTube To Promote Vista & Live, Leaves Comments Open

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/12/30/microsoft-using-youtube-to-promote-vista-live-leaves-comments-open/
http://tinyurl.com/2ghzzm