Re: [News] Microsoft OOXML: Fail

In article <s7dka5-hcb.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You have spun well for your paymasters, however, nobody, anywhere, is
> remotely convinced that you are acting for anything other than the
> interests of Microsoft in your efforts to corrupt ISO, to push a
> standard through on fast-track which is clearly not only widely
> unsupported but so immature as to be next to worthless.
>
> We *know* that Microsoft could easily implement ODF it it wanted.
> We *know* that Microsoft will "innovate" beyond OOXML anyway.
> We *know* that OOXML in its present form is utterly incomplete and
> unusable.
>

> >> Good. Now push off.
> >
> > Strange ... :o)
> >

> Not really, you are here pushing the agenda of Microsoft.  Just like
> you've been doing in ISO.
>
> --
> | Mark Kent   --   mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk
...         |
> | My (new) blog:  http://www.thereisnomagic.org                        |

According to your blog, you work at BT.  Googling for "BT Microsoft"
shows that BT and Microsoft are quite friendly, and have been so for
quite a while.  Some things they've done together:

      LAS VEGAS ? Jan. 6, 2008 ? Microsoft Corp. and telecommunications
   leader BT announced they are bringing together the next-generation
   TV service BT Vision with Microsoft¹s Xbox 360 games and
   entertainment system. All BT broadband customers will have the
   unique opportunity to receive the best in high-definition gaming,
   television and movies through an Xbox 360 console, in a powerful,
   all-in-one entertainment experience. BT Vision, which is powered by
   the Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) platform, plans
   to make this first-of-its-kind device and service offering available
   to customers in the middle of 2008. The announcement was made during
   the keynote address by Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates and Microsoft
   President Robbie Bach of the Entertainment & Devices Division at
   2008 International CES on Jan. 6.

<http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15398/BT-and-Microsoft-Announce-Partnershi
p-to-Deliver-IPTV/>

   BT and Microsoft said they would collaborate in European markets,
   starting with the UK, to build a wide range of broadband
   applications. The alliance would help Microsoft establish a European
   foothold with a key distribution partners for some of its major
   initiatives, notably its .NET platform, MSN and the upcoming online
   Xbox gaming environment.

<http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/1496651>

   REDMOND, Wash., and LONDON ? June 28, 2005 ? Microsoft Corp. and BT
   today announced BT¹s intention to use the Microsoft® TV Internet
   Protocol Television (IPTV) Edition software platform to deliver TV
   over broadband in the United Kingdom. The announcement further
   strengthens Microsoft¹s continued commitment to working with the
   world¹s leading network operators to bring next-generation
   television services to consumers.

<http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/jun05/06-28BTSelectionPR.m
spx>

   LONDON and REDMOND, Wash., July 12, 2004 ? ? BT and Microsoft Corp.
   today announced a global strategic alliance to deliver a
   next-generation, integrated real-time communication and
   collaboration solution to BT and Microsoft customers worldwide,
   starting with immediate availability in the United Kingdom and
   United States. The combined solution joins BT's audio conferencing
   services and Microsoft® Office Live Meeting to help businesses more
   effectively and efficiently communicate and collaborate with their
   globally dispersed customers, partners and employees.

<http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2004/jul04/07-12btmicrosoftpart
nershippr.mspx>

So, Microsoft partner Mark Kent, why are you so hard on Jesper for
working at a company that has done things with Microosft?

--
--Tim Smith