Re: Back on Demon.Net Again Roy? Now we know where the giganews troll comes from...

> ____/ Steven Friel Jr. on Tuesday 11 March 2008 13:50 : \____
>

>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> ____/ Tattoo Vampire on Sunday 09 March 2008 14:59 : \____

>>> Gary's boyfriend.
>>>
>>> For what it's worth, the server that I post from (when outside the
>>> University)
>>> uses a variety of routes, over which I haven't control. There are multiple
>>> ISPs.
>>
>> Great excuse. Too bad that this isn't how usenet and the internet works. It
>> doesn't matter /where/ you post from. In order for your posts to show up on
>> Giganews you must first have an account with Giganews and actually login to
>> that account. Just because you post from a different computer and/or IP
>> address will in no way cause your posts to suddenly start appearing from a
>> different NNTP provider.
>>

>>> If the trolls wanted to show multiple routes, they wouldn't have a hard
>>> time
>>> showing that I sometimes post from the Manchester server (this morning for
>>> example), Google Groups (about 2 weeks ago) and a couple of others, always
>>> under the same name. 4-5 years ago I posted as "Roy S Schestowitz".
>>
>> Quite ridiculous actually. "Multiple routes" is completely meaningless. When
>> posting from any machine there's a greater than zero chance that your
>> traffic may take a different route depending on the network traffic at the
>> time. Regardless of where you post from, you still need to actually login to
>> the news server in order to post.
>>
>> I'd expect anyone with an IQ of over 60 to realize this. What is your IQ?
>
> I've no idea how it came from Giganews. I'm not aware of ever using it and it's
> better to ask Mark about it. I just connect to a port -- whatever is available
> there. If dissociating myself from the university is what guarantees no
> harassment of my peers, then so be it. I gladly post directly to other NGs
> (from MCC).

Ah, I'm afraid that the "friel" character is utterly wrong.  My leafnode
posts via three different upstream news servers, and takes feeds from a
further 4 servers.  Any traffic you find on my leafnode could have come
from any one of 4 servers, and traffic onto usenet from my leafnode will
come from any one of 3 servers.

Roy - you are 100% correct, I have multiple usenet routes.

The "friel" person appears to be confusing IP routes with NNTP routes.
Few people really understand network layering.

Also, as you know, I have multiple DSL providers, so even outgoing
traffic can, and does, take a different ISP.