Re: [News] The New GNOME 2.22 Impresses Reviewer

> GNOME 2.22: A Truly Amazing Desktop!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| In the end, as a bonus, here's a sneak peak at the upcoming features of GNOME
>| 2.24:
>|
>| ? a new version of GNOME's Ekiga VoIP client featuring a revamped user
>| interface and SIP presence support;
>| ? the Empathy instant messaging client utilizing the Telepathy communications
>| framework;
>| ? the often requested column and list views in GNOME's File Manager;
>| ? the completion of the port from GNOME-VFS to GVFS;
>| ? bug fixes, performance improvements, and memory improvements throughout the
>| desktop.
> `----
>
> http://news.softpedia.com/news/GNOME-2-22-A-Truly-Amazing-Desktop-80584.shtml

Vista could use this feature:

   GVFS - this new network-transparent virtual filesystem layer for GTK+
   is here to make your desktop sessions much pleasant. How? Why? Well,
   for example: do you remember that simple file transfer/copy/move
   window that appears (yes! the one with the progress bar and remaining
   time)... well, because of GVFS, it's now able to show you more
   than a progress bar! It can also remember the login credentials and
   be more resilient to failures!

--
Well, it seems to me that he did have an education to get there. It happened to
be mine, not his.  -- Gary Kildall on the selection of Gates to give the