Re: [News] Microsoft Betrays Another Partner (Phoenix Technologies), Which Embraces Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 11 March 2008 14:04 : \____

>> This is why I?ll always remain a Microsoft skeptic
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| But the real reason for Microsoft?s capitulation became clear on March 7
>>| via a new joint-status report in the Microsoft-Department of Justice case.
>>| It turns out BIOS maker Phoenix Technologies (a long-time Microsoft
>>| partner) filed a complaint with antitrust regulators about Microsoft?s
>>| virtualization restrictions.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1256
>>
>> Phoenix may now be turning to Linux. It looks ahead.
>>

> The divorce courts seem to be creaking at the seems with all the
> ex-Microsoft partners looking for their alimony payments.

I read about this more carefully later thinking that not only could Microsoft's
hypervisor self-serving lies lead to antitrust action , but they also stifled
Phoenix's Linux ambitions.

Microsoft: writing  laws (_and_ EULAs) to illegalise the #1 competitor.

Even Mary Jo Foley is looking away from Microsoft. Watch her headline...

Ziff Davis (ZDNet owner) went bankrupt and Microsoft loses its grip and
relevance. Might Mary wish to cover Linux news in years to come? ;-)

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Wintendo O/S gets malware on its tail