[News] Asterisk-related Project a Great Success, Gives Linux Education, Exposure

  • Subject: [News] Asterisk-related Project a Great Success, Gives Linux Education, Exposure
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:23:02 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Choice Open-Source VoIP News Nuggets

,----[ Quote ]
| The folks who maintain FreePBX, the popular Asterisk graphical interface and
| management system, held their first-ever Open Telephony Training Seminar last
| month in Charleston, South Carolina. It sold out early and was a big success,
| so there will be another one this May in Las Vegas. The course covers how to
| market, sell, deploy, troubleshoot, customize, and administer
| Asterisk/FreePBX systems. In addition, they added an optional "Day 0" that
| provides a basic foundation in both Linux skills and FreePBX basics.
`----

http://www.voipplanet.com/news/article.php/3733006

It's very important that people get introduced to Linux. That's what Microsoft
has been trying to prevent for a long time (seeing choice, seeing something
better).

Related:

Linux dominating VoIP devices?

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech says its development framework and software stack for mobile
| devices was selected by Skype as the preferred platform for Skype-certified
| VoIP (voice-over-IP) phones. Additionally, the Qtopia framework/stack has
| been used in about 40 VoIP devices, making it the "dominant Linux
| development platform for VoIP/WiFi devices," according to Trolltech.

Fonality and Dell hook up to bring VoIP to the masses

,----[ Quote ]
| In huge news for the VoIP world (and the open-source Asterisk project
| underlying Fonality), Fonality has entered into a partnership with Dell to
| take easy-to-use, affordable VoIP phone systems to the SMB (small-to-medium
| sized business) under a brand name Dell is calling the “Fonality VoIP Phone
| System.” Dell will be selling it through its global SMB sales organization,
| as well as its channel.
`----

http://www.briancarpio.com/2008/01/22/fonality-and-dell-hook-up-to-bring-voip-to-the-masses/

Feeling the heat at Microsoft