Re: [News] Microsoft OOXML: Fail

Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:07uha5-a7a.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Jesper Lund Stocholm <jls2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>
>> Well, I cannot answer this. Do note that the cameras are present "on
>> the floor" where the final debate is taken place in e.g. UN. There is
>> no camera in the rooms adjecent to the "floor" where the real
>> negociations take place. In the BRM, the floor was where stuff was
>> negociated.
>
> Quite, so no viable reason for this ban, then, other than people
> trying to hide themselves.

Heah, well - I am not one of those. I was just trying to provide som
reasoning for people not wanting their pictures taken.

> I'm an "old standards person" and we used to take photos, there was
> never a problem, and we were not embarrassed about what we were doing.
> No, I believe that some consciences are stirring.

Do note that I myself have absolutely no problem with cameras being in
the room if they should have chosen so ... I think I have done what I can
to make it impossible to hide the fact that I was at the BRM.

:o)

>> Yes - but a camera in the room does squat to change this ... there
>> will always be corridor-talk - regardless of a camera in the room.
>>
> No, but the camera *can* show who was doing it, because it shows who
> was present, even if the meeting notes make no particular reference to
> any part they took.

But there is already a list of delegates to show who was there. Unless
you want cameras in the hallways as well, it won't do you any good.

> I was a rapporteur and delegate for many years, I know how this stuff
> works.

OK

Also: I mentioned our conversation to the HoD of Denmark at the meeting
and she said that not having cameras in the room is more or less standard
ISO procedure ... it is nothing specific to the BRM. There were also no
cameras in the room at the JTC1/SC34-plenary I attended in Kyoto.

--
Jesper Lund Stocholm
http://idippedut.dk